Monday, January 5, 2015

Recent Tales--Rose Red's Foresight by Matthew

You have a tale to tell of Goldstone Wood? You have read at least one of the novels, and now you have a fan fiction to share? Wonderful! If you would like to contribute to the ever growing world of the Wood, then please send in your story to us at dameimraldera@gmail.com.

Please keep in mind that the stories must involve the worlds in or surrounding Goldstone Wood. This requires that you have read at least one of the novels. Also, please keep story content clean. We have young knights in training here and we wish to edify them as best as possible.


Please use Follow by Email to be notified of all new stories.

 
Now a poem from Rose Red's heart...

They say I am a monster
I dart to and fro these paths
Talks with birds and faded dreams
My tough heart is a hurting mass
But one day you'll walk on by
and I thought what if what if?
then I had a new-found friend
someone I could laugh with
endless black leaf-boats we space
differences settle an unknown race
your words touch softly
all I've had to hide
as if I'm not a hermit
as if... I could be a bride
my thoughts they wouldn't tell me
the way you really make me feel
its just that when I am around you
hidden wounds begin to heal
and somehow, I'm known
I'm real

behind my veils am I a monster?
could someone stand to see my face?
besides my nana and father
I've been hopelessly out of place
and if I cared for you would you care back?
well now I've made up my whole mind
to move to love you with all my strength
whether or not yours for me is blind
I'll go down the deepest darkest lair
uncertain for how my fate will bode
I'll see the beauty blazing there
and I'll refrain from breaking code
Oh Lionheart, I will soon see,
how you have been aptly named
and when you run and fight and search for me
you'll beat selfishness that had you tamed
Lyrics pour heavy out from your lips
Then mine you'll reach out for and fiercely kiss
And now I'm back, a monster on a mountain
If only I knew this...

3 comments:

Meredith said...

This is an absolutely beautiful poem. I could easily imagine it as a song, and it captures Rose Red's character perfectly. Thank you. Keep up the outstanding work.

Becky said...

Rosie's broken heart so beautifully expressed. I agree with Miss Meredith.

Jill Stengl said...

Dear Rosie--She is so brave and true! I look forward to seeing her find joy in future books. :-) Thank you for this lovely poem!