Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Surrender by Symona

You have a tale to tell of Goldstone Wood? You have read at least one of the novels, and now you have a fan fiction to share? Wonderful! If you would like to contribute to the ever growing world of the Wood, then please send in your story to us at dameimraldera@gmail.com.

Please keep in mind that the stories must involve the worlds in or surrounding Goldstone Wood. This requires that you have read at least one of the novels. Also, please keep story content clean. We have young knights in training here and we wish to edify them as best as possible.


Please use Follow by Email to be notified of all new stories.


Listen well, all of you, to this bard proclaim the beauty of---



Surrender
by
Symona
 
Help me to surrender my heart
To You.
Help me to finally give up
The fierce Flame inside,
That kills and burns
Until all is ash.
I can’t help You,
Because I’ve given my heart
To another less worthy.
I can’t help You
Because the Flame is me.
The Flame inside, though it
Burns my tears
And feeds my fears,
Is keeping me alive.
Take the Sword,
Drive it through,
Until all that’s left
Is You.
I know it will hurt,
I know I will die.
But isn’t it worth it
If I’m whole inside?
I surrender.

The double-edged blade,
Pain, pain, pain!
The lapping of waves…

The Flame is no more,
You’ve settled the score.
The Flame is no more,
You’ve replaced it
With Your heart.
Your heart is whole,
Focused and pure.
Your heart has
Captured me.

3 comments:

Gracie said...

Wow Symona! That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Meredith said...

This poem is phenomenal! Made me cry. Thank you for sharing. God bless.

Jill Stengl said...

This touched my heart too. Thank you!